Friday, February 27, 2015

Dissent In Leftist America...

...Gets you investigated by Congress.
Climate scientist being investigated by Congress for not believing in global warming enough

"Roger Pielke, a professor of environmental studies at the University of Colorado, and six others are under investigation by Congress regarding testimony they've given on the subject of climate change.

Pielke, a believer in man-caused global warming, can't quite figure out why he's the object of a witch hunt.

Before continuing, let me make one point abundantly clear: I have no funding, declared or undeclared, with any fossil fuel company or interest. I never have. Representative Grijalva knows this too, because when I have testified before the US Congress, I have disclosed my funding and possible conflicts of interest. So I know with complete certainty that this investigation is a politically-motivated “witch hunt” designed to intimidate me (and others) and to smear my name.

For instance, the Congressman and his staff, along with compliant journalists, are busy characterizing me in public as a “climate skeptic” opposed to action on climate change. This of course is a lie. I have written a book calling for a carbon tax, I have publicly supported President Obama’s proposed EPA carbon regulations, and I have just published another book strongly defending the scientific assessment of the IPCC with respect to disasters and climate change. All of this is public record, so the smears against me must be an intentional effort to delegitimize my academic research.

What am I accused of that prompts being investigated? Here is my crime:

Prof. Roger Pielke, Jr., at CU’s Center for Science and Technology Policy Research has testified numerous times before the U.S. Congress on climate change and its economic impacts. His 2013 Senate testimony featured the claim, often repeated, that it is “incorrect to associate the increasing costs of disasters with the emission of greenhouse gases.

2 comments:

Robert Coble said...

Funny: one of the "true believers" proposes a "common sense" approach, and he is immediately dumped into the "science denier" category by his fellow Chicken Littles.

It's a Brave New World.

Stan said...

There is no longer any "appeal to logic or rational thought" which inheres in the Left. Today it is purely "appeal to adherence to the proper narrative". Failure to do that produces punishment of the escalating variety.

In legitimate science correlation is not causation, or even related if it is co-incidental or epiphenomenal.

In Leftist world, correlation is always valid IFF it is in the direction of agreement with the narrative (CO2 data), but NEVER if the correlation is in the direction of inconvenient data (no continental warming for >17 years), and further, to use such negative correlations is contradictory to civil discourse and is probably seditious (against Leftist hegemonies).